We currently have the following vacancies available.
Please get in touch to make an enquiry.
Job Role: Technical Assistant
Laurence J Betts Ltd is a longstanding family business based near West Malling in Kent, producing salads and cereals.
The business is committed to growing top quality produce consistently, efficiently and safely in an environmentally responsible way. We understand that people are a key asset in making this happen and therefore aim to ensure that the work place is an enjoyable, safe and caring environment where all individuals are valued as part of our integral team.
We have an exciting opportunity to join and support our Technical Department as a Technical Assistant working closely with our customers and suppliers as well as being involved in all Technical requirements across the farm and in the packhouse.
Reporting to the Technical & Quality Manager, the key responsibilities will involve ensuring that technical department tasks are completed in a timely manner to support the technical function’s delivery of systems supporting product legality, safety and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To give full consideration to food safety, legality and quality in all duties.
- To assist in the identification and organisation of training needs pertinent to product safety, legality and quality.
- Assisting in the expansion, maintenance and improvement of the Technical Due Diligence systems.
- Collation and entry of information onto Technical databases.
- Updating and maintaining specific policies as required.
- To assist in the selection and preparation of product, water and soil samples for residue and micro analysis.
- Calibration and accuracy of measuring and monitoring devices.
- Assisting with internal auditing of packhouse and field operations to ensure ‘best practice’ is maintained.
- Participate in customer or other third party audits.
- To assist in the monitoring of produce quality standards in the packhouse and, when required, in the fields.
- Monitoring of site and staff standards.
- HACCP Team member.
- HACCP Level 2 (preferred, although training can be provided for the selected candidate)
- Three years-experience of working in the fresh produce industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT skills (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook) and willingness to operate online database as required by customers
If you have any queries or wish to make an immediate application, please email;
Alison Tanton, Finance & HR Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Howe, Technical & Quality Manager: email@example.com